Rishi Wadhwa, MD
Rishi Wadhwa, MD
About Dr. Wadhwa
Dr. Wadhwa returns to the Shreveport/Bossier area after five years of distinguished training and practice at the University of California at San Francisco, a US News Top Hospital. He was on staff as an Assistant Professor in the UCSF Department of Neurosurgery after completing a combined neurosurgical and orthopedic fellowship in Minimally-Invasive and Complex Spinal Disorders. He also completed a fellowship in pain and functional neurosurgery while a resident. Dr. Wadhwa achieved Board Certification in Neurosurgery in May 2017.
His medical background includes an internship and residency at LSU Health Science Center Shreveport, where he was Chief Resident from 2012-2013, a Doctor of Medicine degree from LSUHSC, and a BS Degree in Microbiology from LSU Baton Rouge.
Dr. Wadhwa’s medical experience and expertise include diagnosis and surgical management of spinal disorders.
Dr. Wadhwa is married to Elizabeth Lindley Wadhwa, also a physician and they have 3 children. His hobbies include activities with his children, traveling and golf.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Degenerative Disease
- Spinal Congenital Disease
- Spinal Deformity and Reconstructive Surgery
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Cervical and Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Complex Spine and Neurosurgery
- Disc Arthroplasty (Artificial Disc)
- LSU Baton Rouge- BS Degree in Microbiology (2002)
- LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport – Doctor of Medicine (2006)
- LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport – Neurosurgery Internship & Residency (2006-2012)
- LSU School of Medicine, New Orleans – Functional/Pain Fellowship (2012)
- University of California at San Francisco – Fellowship in Minimally Invasive & Complex Spinal Disorders (2013-2014)
- American Association of Neurosurgical Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Shreveport Medical Society
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Association
Take The First Step
Schedule An Appointment!
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to answer any questions.